VETERINARY MEDICAL COST ASSISTANCE
Unforeseen injuries or illnesses can mean massive unexpected expenses at the vet. If you find yourself with the choice of watching your beloved pet suffer or considering euthanasia because the price of treatment is too overwhelming, hopefully some of these resources can help:
- Baltimore Humane Society and Maryland SPCA offer discounted basic services at their Wellness Clinics.
- Care Credit is a special financing credit card accepted at more than 175,000 veterinary offices.
- The Buddy Foundation of Maryland provides financial assistance to help prevent euthanasia of canine family members due to the high cost of urgent veterinary care. Please see their website for guidelines and note there is a $1,000 maximum disbursement per individual.
- Helping Hands provides high-quality, affordable surgery and dental care; many find it worth the trip to their facility in Richmond, Virginia for the cost-savings.
- Jarrettsville Vet (in Harford County, Maryland) gives a list of their prices so you know what to expect.
- Pit Bull Rescue Central has a page of additional resources and some helpful tips on its website.
- You can find free pet health advice at Pawbly.com.