TOP 5 REASONS TO FIX YOUR DOG
Sterilizing your dog so s/he cannot have puppies--spay surgery for females and neuter surgery for males-- has many health benefits.
- Spaying helps your female dog live a longer, healthier life. Spaying helps prevent breast cancer and uterine infections, which is fatal in about 50% of dogs. Spaying your pet before her first heat offers the best protection.
- Neutering provides health benefits for your male dog too. Neutering your male dog eliminates testicular cancer.
- Your neutered male dog won't be as likely to roam away from home. An intact male dog will have the urge to try to find a mate, which often leads to males trying to run away or digging under the fence to escape and find a female in heat. Once free to roam, the dog risks getting hurt in traffic or by getting in fights with other males.
- Spaying & neutering can save you the expense of an unwanted litter. It is very expensive, messy, and a lot of work to care properly for a litter of puppies for 8 weeks!
- Spaying & neutering helps fight pet overpopulation and homelessness. Every year, millions of dogs of all breeds are euthanized or suffer as strays. You wouldn’t want your pet’s puppies to suffer such a fate.